If you have forgotten your Windows 10 laptop or computer password, then this is the right article to find out how to fix it.
It must be annoying when you forget your password. Especially if you are in a hurry to finish a job.
This article will help you how to solve the problem when you can't log in because you forgot your password or the password to open the computer.
The password we mean in this article is the password for logging into Windows 10. Meanwhile, what we mean by “unlocking the computer” is opening or logging into the Windows system.
Let's follow the tutorial carefully!
Windows 10 Computer Forgot Password Solution
The first way you can do is guess the password by using the hint feature. this feature is available if you fill in the hint field when you first create a password. If not, skip this step.
The only way is to look at the line after the word 'Hint password'. It may display a passphrase to help you try and remember the password you created. In the example here, the prompt is 'my date', so the password is someone's birthday.
Solution 2: Sign in with a security question
The next solution you can do when you forget your Windows 10 laptop password is to answer security questions. This security question is created when creating a Windows 10 account version 1803 or later. The number of questions is 3. You must be able to answer the third question correctly.
To answer questions in a very easy way, follow these simple steps.
- First, try to enter the wrong password, or type anything or click Submit (right arrow).
- After that you will get the message “Invalid password. Try again".
- Click the 'Ok' button present on the screen.
- Next on the screen will appear the option "Reset password". Click options.
- Then a security question will appear on the screen.
- Answer all the questions given.
- When are you actually allowed to create new keywords.
- Enter the new password and confirm.
- Once everything is ready, you can log in using the password you just created.
Applications to Overcome Forgot Windows 10 Password
In this section we'll walk you through some of the apps, including the built-in Windows apps. Windows has a built-in app for resetting passwords. This is an alternative option if the above solutions didn't work for you.
How do we do it?
Reset password using Password Reset Disk
The next way is that we will restore the password on Windows 10 using the Password Reset Disk application. The condition is that you have created a Password Reset Disk before, either with a USB flash drive or disk. If not, skip this section.
To run this application, please click Use a password reset disk. Make sure the USB flash drive or CD is plugged in, then follow these steps.
- You will see the Password Reset Wizard display.
- On the screen, select “Next” to continue the password reset process.
- Then on the next menu you will be taken to the choice of the drive where the password is stored. In this case it is USB/CD.
- Then enter the desired keywords in the next menu. Choose a password that is easy for you to remember and provide a hint to make it easy to remember.
- How to recover facebook password without confirmation reset code
- How to factory reset HP laptop Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- Android emulator for 1GB RAM PC without graphics card
Confirm the password and the new password is ready for you to use.
Easy isn't it?
Of course, if you have a password reset disk or USB fd, the reset process can be much faster. However, I believe, almost no Windows user has ever done a disk password reset. In fact, most don't even know that they can do a disk password reset. Therefore, here are some apps that you can try to get out of this problem.
PCUnlocker helps to solve when you forget your Windows 10 password
PCUnlocker is a very minimal and to the point software that lets you reset your Windows password with just a few clicks.
- Reset user account password in Windows
- Bypass any user account on Windows
- Access the command prompt from the recovery environment
- Backup Windows Registry
- Enable or disable user accounts in Windows
- Ability to retrieve Windows, Office, and other compatible software product keys
- Support for Active Active Directory. Account
- For Active Directory accounts and local accounts, you can delete unlimited logins
- Ability to find restricted or standard accounts for administrator administrator accounts
- Supports various versions of Windows such as 10, 8, 7, XP, Server 2016, Server 2012, Server 2008, etc.
To reset Windows password, you must first boot into PCUnlocker. However, the best thing about PCUnlocker is that you don't need to install it on your system to create a bootable drive. Since PCUnlocker is in ISO format, you can use it to a CD/DVD disc or to a USB drive of software like Rufus.
Once you have a bootable drive, insert it, restart your system and boot into the PCUnlocker recovery environment.
PCUnlocker is very minimal and instantly helps you reset your password. From the home screen, select recovery mode, select your user account, and click the "Reset password" button.
Enter the password and click the "Ok" button to change the password.
That is it. You are done resetting Windows password. Just restart the system and you will be able to log into your laptop or PC with the new password.
Using PCUnlocker to Bypass Windows password
Now, there might be a situation where you forgot your Windows 10 laptop password and don't want to reset the password but still want to log in to Windows.
In that situation, you can temporarily ignore Windows authentication. That is, PCUnlocker will disable the Windows authentication system for the next reboot for you to log in. After that, Windows password authentication worked as usual. You can bypass the password authentication system with just a few clicks.
To bypass the Windows password, click the "Options" button and select the "Ignore Windows Password" option.
Now, click the "OK" button. What this prompt basically says is that the bypass will only be performed for the next reboot. After that, Windows password authentication will be enabled automatically.
Click the "Ok" button again and reboot your system to login.
Change password using Windows Password Rescuer
Another application that you can choose as a solution when you forget your Windows 10 laptop password is third-party software.
Windows Password Rescuer can help you unlock a locked laptop. It's just that, you need another laptop/computer to use it.
Windows Password Rescuer can be used on Windows 10, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2016, 2012, 2011, 2008, 2003, and 2000. Basically this application is a savior to unlock a locked laptop or PC.
Then how to wear it? Here's how.
- Download and install Windows Password Rescuer on another laptop/computer.
- When this application appears, insert the flash so that there is an option to use a USB Device.
- After selecting the USB flash disk to be used, then select "Begin Burning" to run this application. It usually only takes 30 seconds to complete the whole process.
- After the process is complete, please flash the disk.
- Enter it into the computer/laptop for which you forgot the password.
- Then turn on the computer / laptop with boot mode and choose to use USB boot.
- Then the Windows Password Rescuer application automatically runs and collects data for all the accounts you use.
- Then click "Admin" to restore the password on the laptop / computer.
- Click "Reset" and confirm.
- After that the laptop / computer will not be protected with a password.
- Then click "Reboot" and remove the installed flash.
- Click "Yes" and restart your computer/laptop.
- After that you can access Windows 10 without needing to enter a password.
- Those are some tips to recover Windows 10 password.
Bonus: Tips for creating strong, easy-to-remember passwords
In order not to forget your Windows 10 laptop password in the future, here's how to create a strong and easy-to-remember password.
Use long characters. Use keywords with a minimum of 8 characters or more. The longer the password, the better. Using the local language is a good idea.
Enter the symbol in the password. In addition to using 8 characters or more, you will also need to use symbols to strengthen your password. Choose easy symbols like flat lines, exclamation marks, etc.
Use a variety of numbers and letters. Using numbers and variations of upper and lower case can also be another option for creating strong passwords.
Do not use date of birth. It is very easy for you to remember your date of birth, but this is not recommended. People with malicious intent may try to guess your password starting with your date of birth.