How to delete apps on iPhone 12 to free up storage space or use apps you no longer use.
This method applies to iPhone 12 running iOS 14 or higher.
How to Delete Apps on iPhone 12 from Home Screen
1. Find the app you want to delete on the iPhone home screen.
Tap and hold on the app icon until a menu appears.
2. You can also continue to hold down after the menu appears. If you do this, the menu will disappear and all your apps will start jiggling. In this state, tap the X on the app to delete it.
3. Tap Delete App
4. A pop-up window will ask if you want to remove the app completely to free up storage space or Move to App Library to clear the home screen.
5. If you want to delete the data stored in iCloud, a pop-up will ask, do you want to delete the data too? or just leave it on iCloud.
If you leave your data in iCloud, you can access it again if you reinstall the app in the future.
6. The app has been lost and has been removed. You can repeat this step to remove as many apps as possible.
How to Delete Apps on iPhone 12 via app store service
1 From within the App Store app, tap your photo in the top right.
2. Scroll down to Available Updates.
3. You can delete any app listed here by swiping from right to left to show the Delete button.
4. Tap Delete.
5. Tap Delete on the pop-up window to delete the app.
How to Delete Apps on iPhone 12 via Settings
1. Tap Settings.
2. Go to General > iPhone Storage. It shows all the apps on your iPhone and how much storage space is being used. If you want to free up space, this is quite helpful in identifying your options.
3. Tap the app you want to remove. Look at the menu on the screen, Then tap and Delete App.
You can also select Offload Application. this feature removes apps from your iPhone to save storage, but keeps documents and related data. When you reinstall the app, you can access your documents and data again.
4. On the pop-up, tap Delete App.