Mysterious shopper job - How did you become a secret shopper?
All you need to do is sign up to be a mystery shopper.
Mystery shopping companies will contact you soon about whether you can do mystery shop or not.
There are legitimate mystery shopper jobs for many things like:
- Restaurants - mystery dining jobs are always fun!
- Electronics stores (such as Best Buy)
- car seller
- Dressing table
- Phone calls (to survey the people who answer the phone and their knowledge of the shop or restaurant)
What did the mystery shopper do?
- You can join a mystery shopping company, such as Bestmark.
- Apply and find mystery buyer jobs through the platform.
- If you are approved, you then read what mystery shop jobs are (what they want you to look for) and make sure you understand the secret shopping guidelines.
- Complete mystery shopping tasks, be it over the phone, online, face-to-face, and so on. If you are going to buy something, make sure you keep the receipt as you will need it to fill out the questionnaire given to you.
- Send mystery shopping questions with your opinion, value customer experience and any proof they need.
- Get paid for mystery shopping jobs. Finding mystery shopping events is not difficult.
- Online shop or phone call shop. I like this because I don't have to go out alone and waste my fuel or time driving somewhere. With this, you typically judge the website, phone call customer service, and/or how the item was received in the mail. Being an online mystery shopper is so easy!
- Restaurant shops usually take a little longer than others because you usually judge every little detail, from the cleanliness of the exterior of the building to whether you cover dessert.
- Bestmark is one of my favorite mystery shops that has many dealer shops available, but the only secret shops I've worked with are car dealerships where I call or schedule service online.
- I will do about 4-5 of these in a week as it is the easiest shop. You don't have to drive anywhere and surveys literally take a minute. And, I would pay around $3 to $5 for them.
- They also have a dealer's secret shop where you can walk in and pretend you want a car. This usually pays around $20.